The University of St. La Salle, Inc. (USLSI) was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a non-stock, non-profit corporation in 1952 by a group of incorporators who were interested in providing excellent Catholic education to the youth of Bacolod and nearby towns and cities . Its main office is located in La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City. The foundation has 674 regular staff, 9 project-based staff, 155 part-time staff, and 15 members of the Board of Trustees.
It was certified for 5 years on November 18, 2005 and which ended on November 17, 2010. It was re-certified for 5 years on February 21, 2011 that ended on Jamuary 24, 2016.
Its purposes, among others, are “to provide holistic formation of the youth by promoting quality education responsive to global realities and to the call of the church for evangelization.” The Universities programs now focus on the following areas: Basic Education (elementary and high school), various degree programs (undergraduate & graduate up to doctorate); various trainings; health and nutrition; enterprise development; research; youth and family welfare; community development and special advocacies.
The geographical reach of academic programs and community projects is mostly Negros Occidental although there is a considerable number of undergraduate students from other provinces in the country.
The University was granted Full Autonomy Status by the Commission of Higher Education and was recognized and awarded as Centers of Development in the following programs: Business and Management Education, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
Its sources of income include tuition fees, grants, donations, and other income.