St. Teresita’s Academy of Aritao, Inc. (STA) was founded on February 1, 1955 by the Parish Priest, Rev. Fr. Omer Dewilde and Assistant Parish Priest, Rev. Fr. Herman Gadeyne. In January 23, 1961, STA was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a non-stock, non-profit educational institution.
In 1996, STA, was a CICM School then and was turned over to the Diocese of Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya with Rev. Fr. Enrique G. Tiongson as its first Diocesan Parish Priest and School Director. In January 27, 2014, the reincorporation of the school (after 50 years of incorporation) was approved by the SEC. The school was formed to provide quality Catholic education and formation for the growth and advancement of stakeholders in the Pre-school and K-12 Basic Education Program and for them to become globally competent, creative and productive Christian disciples.