The Philippine Province of Good Shepherd, Inc. is duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a non-stock, non-profit private organization on January 30, 1964. It is a congregation of the Religious Sisters of the Good Shepherd (RGS) that came to the Philippines in 1912. This group of Irish Sisters established St. Bridget’s Academy in Batangas City (now Bridget’s College) in 1921. Education became the entry point of the RGS sisters and expanded its programs for the women in difficult situations; unwed mothers, prostituted women, battered individuals, slum dwellers, landless farmers, indigenous groups, overseas contract workers, street children, and those that are neglected and oppressed. The foundation has a regular staff of 13, part-time staff of 5, and 5 members of the Board of Trustees.
Its purposes, among others, are “to align all levels of formation with the Good Shepherd Spirituality of Compassion and Mission of Reconciliation; to revitalize its ministries in solidarity with the poor towards communal owning to ensure effectiveness and sustainability; to foster collaborative partnership with the laity through shared responsibility, power and authority; to adopt leadership style that honors the Spirit at work in each person where decision-making is characterized by consultation, discernment, collaboration and delegation at all levels in the community and in ministry; to ensure formation to a spirituality of stewardship and to inspire and accompany more people to experience and follow the Good Shepherd way of life”. The Foundation’s programs now focus on the following areas: 1) formation of Good Shepherd Sisters ( Apostolic and Contemplative Sisters); 2) Care for Elderly and infirmed Nuns; 3) Financial support to 22 Apostolic and 4 Contemplative Good Shepherd Communities in Luzon Visayas and Mindanao and 4) Support to Shelters, Centers and Schools of RGS Sisters.
This is the second (2nd) application of the Philippine Province of the Good Shepherd, Inc. It was certified for 5 years on August 1, 2003 and which ended on July 31, 2008.
Total donations received was Php 10,392,052.00 for the year 2010 & 2011. Its sources of income include income from socio economic projects, donations, grants from mother house in France and interest income. They have an approved budget of Php 9,266,000.00 for the year 2012.