The Link Center for the Deaf, Inc. was registered with the SEC as a non-stock, non-profit corporation on February 15, 2002 by a group of friends with a deaf student who believed that people who are deaf can lead full and productive lives if given a chance. It is an operating organization. Its main office is located at 2F MQI Bldg., 42 E.Abada St. cor. R. Alvero St., Loyola Heights, Quezon City. The foundation has six (6) regular staff, one (1) part-time, one (1) project-based, 40 (forty) volunteers, and six (6) members of the Board of Trustees.
Its purposes (V-M-G), among others, are “to forge partnerships and linkages; conduct trainings, workshops and seminars; and provide relevant information to advocate for support and active participation of individuals and organizations involved with the deaf”. The Foundation’s programs/projects now focus on the following areas:
- Parenting Education Program – seminars for parents with deaf children
- Community Awareness Program – fosters awareness to communities where the children and young people who are deaf belong to
- Deafining Art – a venue for self-expression and holistic development to people who are deaf
- Teacher Enhancement Program in SPED – equips teachers teaching children who are deaf in public schools
- Educational Support Program – provides transportation allowance to children who are deaf studying in public schools
- Psyhco-Spiritual Development Program – develops and enhances self-concept of young people and children who are deaf to become integrated persons.
- Advocacy – public awareness
The Foundation was granted a five-year certification on November 3, 2009 which ended on November 2, 2014. The Foundation re-applied in December 2015 but was not able to pursue due to their pending re-validation of BIR Tax exemption certificate.