The Link Center for the Deaf, Inc. was registered with the SEC as a non-stock, non-profit corporation on February 15, 2002 by a group of friends with a deaf student who believed that people who are deaf can lead full and productive lives if given a chance. It is an operating organization. Its main office is located at 2F MQI Bldg., 42 E.Abada St. cor. R. Alvero St., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
Its purposes (V-M-G), among others, are “to forge partnerships and linkages; conduct trainings, workshops and seminars; and provide relevant information to advocate for support and active participation of individuals and organizations involved with the deaf”. The Foundation’s programs/projects now focus on the following areas:
- Parenting Education Program – seminars for parents with deaf children
- Community Awareness Program – fosters awareness to communities where the children and young people who are deaf belong to
- Deafining Art – a venue for self-expression and holistic development to people who are deaf
- Teacher Enhancement Program in SPED – equips teachers teaching children who are deaf in public schools
- Educational Support Program – provides transportation allowance to children who are deaf studying in public schools
- Psyhco-Spiritual Development Program – develops and enhances self-concept of young people and children who are deaf to become integrated persons.
- Advocacy – public awareness