The Fundacion Santiago, Inc. was registered with SEC as a non-stock, non-profit corporation on October 14, 1993 by a group of incorporators, headed by Mr. Pedro Roxas, who were committed to promote historical awareness and entrepreneurship as an avenue for development. Fundacion Santiago is located at 1209 West Tower Philippine Stock Exchange Centre, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. The Foundation has 3 regular staff and 3 project-based staff. It has 7 members of the Board of Trustees.
It was first certified for three (3) years on January 10, 2002 which ended on January 9, 2005. On its Renewal, it was again certified for three (3) years on February 24, 2012 which ended January 31, 2015.
Its purposes, among others, are “to contribute to a strong grasp of national identity by promoting and sustaining historical awareness among Filipinos and using this sense of self and shared purpose as one of the foundations of national development and to contribute to true, sustainable, and equitable national development through the promotion of entrepreneurship and commitment to community development among economically marginalized Filipinos, particularly those in the countryside. Geographical scope of programs: NCR, IV-A and VII