De La Salle Araneta University is the former Gregorio Araneta University Foundation which has its birth in 1946; started as an agricultural school with its Dairy Farm in Hacienda Carmelita, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan; became Araneta Institute of Agriculture which transferred to Victoria Park, Malabon, Rizal to bring the school to the metropolis. The Araneta Institute of Agriculture was established in 1947 following a series of amendments in its name. After undergoing series of transformation with its program offerings, in 1987 it has its preliminary talks to integrate into the DLSU System, and in 2002, the Board of Trustees approved the integration of GAUF to the DLSU system. Innovative changes in academic and administrative policies were introduced to conform to the policies and standards of DLSU system. The foundation has 161 regular staff, 136 part-time staff, 1 project-based staff and 11 members of the Board of Trustees.
Its purposes (V-M-G), among others, are “to be a leading industry-aligned and globally-linked Catholic educational institution committed to experiential teaching and learning for the creation of new knowledge in food security and animal welfare and entrepreneurship towards societal transformation.” The core values are Faith, Service, Together and By Association as catalyst for transformation through poverty alleviation. The Foundation’s programs/projects now focus on the following areas:
- Basic Education
- Secondary Education
- Tertiary Education
The organization operates in Malabon City and Bulacan where they maintain their agriculture laboratory for the students.